Pardon Our Dust
We recently launched this new site and are still in the process of updating some of our archived content. Some details of this article may be incomplete, links may be broken, and other elements may not display properly yet. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
1. NC Turnpike plans waver because of financial concerns (2 articles)
News & Observer
3. Centerpoint submits proposal for Virginia Port Authority takeover (6 articles and 1 link to proposal)
4. NCTA circulates draft of Mid-Currituck agreement (1 link)
The following link is to a draft copy of the Project Development Agreement for the Mid-Currituck Bridge project through the North Carolina Turnpike Authority.
5. ABC examines barriers to PPPs for roads (1 link)
Follow this link to a recent story by John Stossell about Congressional objections to PPP projects.
6. Pew study examines Pennsylvania Turnpike PPP attempt (1 link)
Follow this link to a recent report from the Pew Center examining the attempted concession for the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
7. Texas considers legislation to oversee public private partnerships (1 link)
Follow this link to HB 1815 which has been proposed in Texas to create a commission to oversee public private partnerships.
10. Spotsylvania County accepts PPEA for new office space (1 link)
Follow this link to a recent notice from Spotsylvania County announcing that it has accepted an unsolicited proposal to provide office space for county uses.
14. Virginia Department of Health receives PPEA for directive registry (1 link)
The following link is to a notice from the Virginia Department of Health announcing that it will accept competing unsolicited proposals for an advance directive registry project.
15. Georgia enters contract with IBM for state IT outsourcing (1 link)
The following link is to a recent article regarding Georgia’s contract with IBM to outsource its IT infrastructure.
16. Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts continues examination of IT PPEA (1 link)
20. PIRG study criticizes PPP for toll roads (1 link)