Public Private Partnerships BulletinAugust 31, 2007
1. PPEA to move Richmond school staff falters
Measure on school offices fails
2. North Carolina assesses funding options for road improvements
Private money may aid toll road
Road money stalled between hard choices
3. James City issues addendum for Skiffes Creek PPTA
Recently issued addendum to the unsolicited proposal received by James City County for road projects in that locality.
4. Hampton Roads Transportation Authority adopts taxes on delayed schedule
Authority approves taxes and fees to build major road projects
5. Fairfax receives PPEA proposal for East County Center
Unsolicited proposal recently received and posted by Fairfax County for the East County Center project in Bailey's Crossroads.
6. New Jersey considers options to close transportation funding gap
The Toll Road Not Taken
7. Maryland General Assembly contemplates PPP
Report issued by the Maryland General Assembly analyzing PPP as a potential option to address the state's transportation funding issues.
8. Jefferson Forest PPEA project nears completion
Jefferson Forest renovations moving forward
9. Atlanta considers outer loop plan again
Olens: Outer loop could ease traffic woes
10. Spotsylvania kills PPTA to serve new schools
Road proposals too costly, time-consuming
11. Craney Island port funding options explored
Craney to be built on debt, unless it gets partner
12. Northern Virginia Forensic Lab PPEA project breaks ground
Recent newsletter from the Prince William County Department of Economic Development about the groundbreaking for the Northern Virginia Forensic Lab which is being developed as a result of a PPEA proposal.
13. Indiana legislator questions tollway analysis
Rep. says Illiana scale tilted toward private tollway
Rep. Soliday mulls Illiana lawsuit
14. Virginia DEQ report seeks PPEA use for wastewater projects
Draft report from Virginia's Department of Environmental Quality that may lead to linking PPEA usage to state grant eligibility.
15. US trails other countries in PPP usage
Private Infrastructure Booming In Most Places, But Not In U.S.
16. Dulles Rail costs increase, cuts urged
Report: First leg of Dulles rail will cost $2.83 billion
Growing Cost Could Jeopardize Federal Funds
Report says Virginia must reduce cost of Dulles rail project
Dulles Rail on the Brink
As Dulles Rail Staggers, Players Share in Blame
Wiehle Ave. development called vital to Dulles Rail
17. Richmond nears PPEA deal for arts center
Arts-center agreement up for vote Sept. 10
18. Route 28 PPTA enters new phase
Recent Interchanges newsletter about the Route 28 project.
19. Secretary Peters urges innovative approach to US infrastructure needs
The Folly Of Higher Gas Taxes
20. VDOT provides guidance on PPTA conflicts
Recent guidance document from VDOT to firms to explain the conflict of interest process for PPTA team participants.